s

Independent Coach Information:

Independent Coach Information:

Welcome to the 2024 season! Below is information about being an independent coach if your athlete wants to compete in IFSA events, but is not on a team.

 

1. FIRST

Please register and purchase a membership. This membership requires a minimum an IFSA level 100 certification and a CPR cert. This takes knowing the handbook and completing either an in-person or online CPR course, so please give yourself time and do this at the start of the season.

 

The L100 is valid for 2 years, and you will be emailed a password in the fall, so you can renew your membership without the test again if this is the 2nd year. If not, you need to retake the test.

The L200 is valid for 3 years, and you will be emailed a password in the fall, so you can renew your membership without the test again if this is the 3rd year. If not, you need to retake the test.

 

  • Once you are a level 100, you have the opportunity to move onto level 200… ask RMFS for more information.
  • Once the process is completed, IFSA and RMFS will have your email on record. As long as you’ve provided a valid email address that you can check regularly, you will start receiving emails from IFSA and RMFS. This will help you stay updated on important information and announcements.

 

To receive information from IFSA/RMFS, it’s crucial to purchase your membership at the beginning of the season. The process of grading the level 100 tests and providing codes to coaches in IFSA takes some time, as it relies on volunteer efforts. Therefore, purchasing your membership earlier in the season is strongly advised. Please note that last-minute memberships will not be accepted for coaching “this week”.

 

2. SECOND

After purchasing your membership, it’s essential to remember your username and password for all future events. Coaches must also have a valid certification and register for each event on the same day as their athlete. Failure to do so will result in event registration cancellation. Registering for events is the primary way to receive event information promptly as you are automatically added to the event’s email list.

You can find event information on the RMFS website at www.rockymountainfreerideseries.com, which is regularly updated. RMFS also uses Instagram and Facebook for announcements. Coaches should familiarize themselves with the website, especially the FAQs section, and save the date for event registration opening dates.

We do not save spots for anyone or any teams, event starts are primarily awarded based on seeding lists. During registration for any event, everyone will have 72 hours to register, and all athletes will be immediately put on the waitlist. For Regional Events, once the 72-hour registration window comes to a close, the top-seeded athletes will be moved off the waitlist and confirmed into 50% of the event starts. The remaining 50% of event starts will be awarded by registration timestamp. For National Events, once the 72-hour registration window comes to a close, the top-seeded athletes will be moved off the waitlist and confirmed into 90% of the event starts. The remaining 10% are held to be filled with athletes improving their seed this season. U12 Events remain unchanged. U12 Athletes are unseeded and have access to open registration based on timestamp. Please visit our FAQ’s page to learn more about the seeding process and the entry to Regional or National Events.

RMFS, founded by coaches in 2016, emphasizes collaboration among coaches for the benefit of 800+ athletes. Suggestions and improvements are encouraged to support all athletes, not just specific teams or individuals.

Reminders:

– Like all team coaches, it is the independent coaches’ responsibility to know and understand the rules and ask questions if uncertain.

– Mandatory coaches’ meetings for each event happen either the night before or morning of each event, and you will be notified closer to the event via your event registration.

– When an independent registers for any RMFS event, you will need to state who your coach/athlete are, and that coach must attend the event with you; this will be double checked at every event check in. If an IFSA certified coach is not present, you will not be allowed to compete, this is for the safety of the athletes.

– To be an independent athlete and coach, means you are forgoing a team. Even though our RMFS coaches are experienced, friendly and willing to often help, it is not their responsibility to ensure your athlete is getting attention at the top of the start gate, or at the finish. Please keep this in mind when you ask another team to help out.

Updated 10.11.23

Add Comment

Get The Updates

Enter your details below and stay in the know. News and Events delivered to you



    OR Get In Touch For More Info

    x