Rocky Mountain Freeride
IFSA Junior and FWQ adult athletes must purchase an annual IFSA Membership to compete in sanctioned events in North and South America. Juniors also need a regional membership to the region they are competing in, for Colorado and New Mexico, IFSA Rocky Mountain Series/IFSA Rockies/RMFS are your region. Once a member, you can sign up for events with your LiveHeats username and password. As you participate in events, you’ll accumulate points based on your performance against other athletes in your division.
- Full IFSA & RMFS Junior Athlete Membership (Ages 12-18)
- Junior Athlete One-Time IFSA & RMFS Membership (Valid for one event only during season. If athlete choses to enter a second event, an upgrade membership is required)
- Junior Athlete Upgrade to Full IFSA & RMFS Membership (only for athletes who previously purchased a one-time membership. This membership upgrade is REQUIRED if an athlete wishes to participate in a second event.)
- IFSA & RMFS Junior Athlete Under 12 Membership
- Valid until April 20th of each calendar year.
- Full IFSA Qualifier Tour License
- One-Time IFSA Qualifier License (Valid for one event only during season)
- IFSA Adult Collegiate License (available for athletes ages 18-25 and enrolled as a full-time collegiate student)
- Valid until April 20th
In order for freeride coaches to participate, access competition venues, and enjoy ticketing benefits, they are required to meet specific criteria:
- Completion of a L100 or L200 IFSA Coach Certification Training, with L100 certification valid for 2 seasons and L200 certification valid for 3 seasons.
- Possession of a current IFSA Coach Membership.
Additionally, coaches must register for all events they plan to attend.
NOTE: A Coach Membership (free) is mandatory for event registration. Failure to register for an event will result in the denial of ticketing benefits and access to the venue. This requirement is non-negotiable.
Who Are We
The Rocky Mountain Freeride Series (RMFS) was created as the Rocky Mountain regional branch of the International Freeskier and Snowboarders Association (IFSA) in Colorado and New Mexico.